Thinking of becoming a Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist? This is a compilation of different material that could be quite helpful to prepare for the Salesforce Email Specialist exam. I completed the exam in Q3-2016.
Imparting profound knowledge of the Email Studio and other relevant modules
The certificate for the Email Specialist is one of two certifications marketers using Salesforce Marketing Cloud can obtain. The other one is the Social Specialist. Together with knowledge about implementing Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Email Specialist is required to become Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant. According to Salesforce, the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist program is designed for those who can have knowledge, skills, and experience in email marketing and its best practices, e. g.message design, subscriber and data management and deliverability within Marketing Cloud Email Studio.
For the exam / test taking I can recommend to do this onsite (not online) – this may take some time to travel depending on where you live & work, but in my opinion is a lot easier than fulfilling all the technical requirements to take the test online.
All you need to do: How to prepare for the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam?
Looking for material to prepare for the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist exam will make you find a lot of resources. The following are those I can recommend:
- Salesforce University: General information about the Marketing Cloud Email Specialist certification
- Official Study Guide: About the exam and topics to be covered (published by Salesforce)
- Study Guide plus Study Notes: The official Study Guide plus Study Notes by Ben Edwards – I can really recommend this one!
- Email Studio documentation: Salesforce Marketing Cloud Documentation – Email Studio / ExactTarget
- Some generic tips to prepare: Published at salesforceben.com
The most important document in my opinion is the „Study Guide plus Study Notes“ by Ben Edwards. Email Specialist exam focus is using the application from a marketers perspective – so implementation knowledge in terms of configuration and coding in practice is not really necessary.