As a Professor for E-Commerce & Digital Business Models at University of Applied Sciences Wedel, I have the privilege to educate the next generation of e-commerce academics. In the Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) and Master’s (M.Sc.) programs, I hold lectures such as “Fundamentals of E-Commerce”, “Web-Analytics”, “Multi-Channel Retailing” and “E-Commerce Platform Architecture”. The main focus is to offer an interdisciplinary, practice-oriented curriculum between business and informatics. Furthermore, I supervise seminar, bachelor and master theses and contribute to the further development of the e-commerce programs.
Further engagement: Member of the Examination Regulations Committee (since 05/2023)
02/2019 – 09/2022
Responsible for app marketing and app CRM of the hagebau app as a sales and marketing instrument in a cross channel retail environment
- Strategic repositioning of the hagebau app from a mobile extension of the online store to a sales and marketing instrument in multi-channel retailing and a digital shopping assistant.
- Holistic responsibility of all app marketing activities for the hagebau app, from acquisition and activation to retention and monetization of app users
- Management of all app marketing activities – owned & paid media, online (onsite, ASO, email, display, retargeting, collaborations) and offline (point of sale, print)
- Conceptual development and technical management of app CRM activities, especially marketing automation, personalization and location-based marketing, primarily using app push notifications and in-app automations
- Development of targeting strategies and management of the connection of relevant data and systems for implementation, especially between app-specific systems like Airship, Adjust, Gimbal and Radar as well as Google Analytics, shop system, order management system and BI landscape
- Selection and management of relevant service providers in the app marketing context, including, in particular, management of the purchasing process and contract negotiations
- Support of product development through content and technical conception of marketing-relevant app functions
- Support of various departments in the coordination of data protection and competition law inquiries towards the legal department
- Representation of hagebau connect as an employer brand through presentations and webinars
Awards & Media Reception
- German Society for Consumer Studies: App Award 2022 – “TOP-App” & winner in category “DIY stores”.
- German Society for Consumer Studies: App Award 2021 -“TOP-App”.
- Austrian Society for Consumer Studies: App Award 2021 – “TOP-App” & winner in category “DIY stores”.
- “PC Magazin“, one of Germany’s leading magazines for computers, software and hardware (2021): “Very good” DIY store app & “best discount feature”.
- German Institute for Service Quality: “Germany’s Best Online Shops 2020” in the category “Shops Build & DIY with Store Network”.
- German Society for Consumer Studies: App Award 2020 – winner in category “DIY stores”.
07/2017 – 01/2019
- Strategic development of CRM & customer communication
- Data & process management in e-mail marketing to enhance personalization and marketing automation
- Building WhatsApp & Mobile Push as new marketing channels from scratch
- Supporting the e-mail marketing daily business of otto.de and neckermann.de
- Representing OTTO as an employer brand on conferences and in the media
10/2016 – 05/2017
- Consulting new and exisiting customers in various aspects of operational and analytical CRM with a strong focus in e-mail marketing
- Solution consulting focusing on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Project management for the managing directors
01/2015 – 09/2016
- Focusing on e-mail marketing & CRM
- Supporting new and existing customers in various aspects of e-mail marketing (software selection and procurement, conceptional questions, deliverability analysis, marketing automation)
- Development of new consulting services & products
10/2014 – 12/2014
- Various analysis on various aspects of e-commerce, specially focusing on app, tv advertising, multi device usage
- comScore Digital Analytix
10/2011 – 09/2014
In cooperation with Hamburg School of Business Administration, with different internships, e.g.:
- Web Analytics & E-Commerce Controlling / OTTO
- Business Intelligence / Otto Group
- Inhouse Consulting / Otto Group
- Shop Management & Product Marketing / OTTO B. V.
- Shop Management & Conception / About You (former: Projekt Collins)
- Website Management / shopping24 internet group
Entrepreneurial, Freelance & Advisory
Wohllebe & Ross Publishing
My latest project is Wohllebe & Ross Publishing: Together with my business partner Florian, we want to offer aspiring scientists from all over the world the opportunity to publish their work in open access format. In this way we want to actively contribute to making the scientific knowledge generated worldwide more accessible. Furthermore, we offer scientific advisory services in the fields of consumer research, politics and society.
We are currently setting up the first journal for this purpose – the International Journal of Applied Research in Business and Management (IJARBM).
In the future, further journals, but also the organisation of scientific conferences and the publication of books are to follow – wherever possible and sensible as open access.
With my knowledge of the use of digital technologies, I support the Greenbaker Foundation as a member of the advisory board. The foundation certifies bakeries that consistently align their business activities with the goal of sustainability as defined by 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Consulting & Sparring
When I became a “Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant” in early 2017, I published my study notes here. Since I am no longer employed in the field of marketing cloud consulting, I advise advertising companies and help CRM and IT consultants in all questions concerning the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
This concerns especially the initial setup and implementation, the connection to existing systems and the realization of marketing automation plans. I work with my customers flexibly in different modes – depending on how I can help best.