In this blogpost I’d like to share my (of course non-official) Study Notes to become Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant. It is based on many different resources and is still work in progress (…I think it will always be…), so maybe some of you want to contribute with some tips, questions and / or experiences.
(For those who simply want to access the study notes to become Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant: Direct PDF Download here!)
More then just a simple course: Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
Thinking of becoming a Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant? First thank you very much for considering my blog helping you on your way to get certified. As you probably already have noticed Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certification process is a bit different from other Salesforce exams you can take: Compared to the Salesforce Admin, there’s (currently) no walk-through trail available on Salesforce Trailhead. Compared to the Email Specialist, the Learning Path in the Partner Community is really different from other Learning Paths. Finally some people say that „this [exam] undeniably came across as being the toughest one“.
„Among all the consultant exams that I have passed in the past (Service, Sales, Pardot), this one undeniably came across as being the toughest one.“ (Mayank Srivastava / succeedwithsalesforce.com)
So let’s first talk about prerequisites for the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant exam:
- The Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist is a must have. (…I also did the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Social Specialist as well, but you don’t really need this for the Marketing Cloud Consultant…)
- Completing a Marketing Cloud Implementation Workshop is highly recommended by Salesforce.
- It helps to be familiar with the basic vocabulary of the Salesforce universe, such as Leads, Contacts, Campagins, Reports etc.
- Being experienced in Salesforce Marketing Cloud projects, specially implementation projects, definitely
sharing is caring: My study notes to download, learn & contribute
To be honest, there’s a lot of material that can be found via Google when searching for how to prepare for the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant exam – and most of the material works really good to prepare. However, I decided not just to learn all these material by heart. Instead I wrote down my own study notes and that’s the result:
Of course, these study notes are far away from being completely. I’m still adding more and more parts to this exam guide for the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant. If you feel like contributing to the study notes, please add your notes, questions & experiences via the comment function or write a mail to me (atilla[dot]wohllebe+SFMC[at]gmail[dot]com).
Good to know: More material to prepare for your exam
Still not enough material to learn? There’re several more resources I can really recommend to prepare and learn for your certification as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant exam:
- Official Certification Exam Guide by Salesforce
- Official Salesforce Marketing Cloud Documentation
- “Deep Study Guide” by Salesforce Partner Practice Development
- “Study Notes” / “Jet Pack” by Ben Edwards & The Crowd
- Miscellaneous content from Ben McCarthy / SalesforceBen.com